Friday, August 19, 2011

Katelyn Maylia Song Perkins is legally our daughter! - Day 6 - August 16, 2011 (Tuesday)

We met at 8:45 in the lobby.  We had to take our passports and go back to the Provincial Civil Affairs Office today.  We were interviewed by the Registry Officials and then we were interviewed by the Notary Public.  We promised to take good care of her and never abandon her.  After the paperwork was signed.....she was ours forever!  YEAH!

We then went to Carrefour Supermarket (it is like Walmart).  We bought her more powdered milk and rice cereal, diapers and baby supplies.  Of course, we over bought.  :)  My baby is not going to be hungry!  We also bought her a small red Micky Mouse stroller.  She likes it!

We saw more of her personality today.  She just wore herself out playing.  We have a king size bed & I put pillows all around it so she can not roll off.  I put her toys in the middle of the bed and she just rolled and crawled and leaped on the bed.  She has a ready laugh.  Every time she sees herself in the mirror, she squeals with delight.  She just laughs and laughs.  It is adorable.  She also likes to watch TV.  She is beyond precious!  It is amazing how her smile and laughter affects Daniel & I.  We both feel deep down joy to see her happy.  She follows me with her eyes all the time.  She likes Daniel but she has definitely attached to me.  He is great until I walk in the room.  I love it!!!!  :)   She loves to be held and rest her head on my cheek.  Of course , I am more than happy to oblige!