Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hong Kong - Day #2 / August 12, 2011 (Friday)





The rest of our group should all be here by today.  They build in a little time upfront because there are always delayed flights & missed flights.  We have to be on schedule to get our babies.

Today we went to the China History Museum.  Our guide suggested it.  It seems very important to them that we know about China history & culture so we can share that with our girls.  Daniel loved the museum......of course!  I was ready to leave much earlier than he was but I will admit it was very impressive.   :)

Then, we went to the Women's Market via subway.  The subway was extremely crowded!  It was like a whole other city underground including a mall. The Women's Market was full of people and again extremely crowded.  It made us think of Times Square.  I was able to buy several gifts for Katie.  The air quality was very bad there but the people were all so nice.  It amazed us!  Everyone seemed so patient.  We never saw anyone get angry.  Imagine hot weather, bad air quality, people so close they are touching but no one is angry.  I never even heard a horn honk.  Several times people stopped to help Daniel & I without us even asking.   They seemed concerned for us.  Once at McDonald's, Daniel had the zipper to his backpack open just for a minute and a man immediately reminded him.  Coming home from the Market it was about midnight & my ticket did not work.  A man from the next aisle saw me and he came over & helped me.  He went out of his way to show kindness.

I cut Daniel's hair when we got back to the hotel.  It was about 1:00 am.  He has to look good when he meets our Katie.  We ended up going to bed around 2:00 am.

1 comment:

Charity, Katie, Louie & Natalie said...

I'm forcing myself to read your posts in chronological order although I am so impatient to read about the day you met Katie. I'm glad I am though because your stories are wonderful. It's great that you have been met with such kindness in China. xoxo