Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hong Kong - Day #3 / August 13, 2011 (Saturday)

Our group all arrived late yesterday or early this morning with the exception of one family that had delays. I finally meet Shannon Yates & her family today.  It was so great to meet all of them in person. 

Today, we all went to Hong Kong Island.  We started by going to Victoria Peak.  It had magnificent views of Hong Kong, Kowloon (where we are staying) and the nearby islands.

Then, we went to the Aberdeen Fishing Village.  We rode a traditional "sampan" to see the floating community.  People still live on the boats and fish for their living.

We were then on our way to Stanley Market.  On our way, we saw Repulse Bay.  It was a majestic view of South China Sea.  I loved Stanley Market & wish we had more time.  I bought a name block for Katie ( can't remember the Chinese name for it) and a couple of family pictures for our home.  We then went to a nice Jewelry store.  I did not buy anything.  Can you believe it?  :)  We then all had a traditional Chinese lunch together.

When we arrived back in Kowloon, Shannon, Patricia (Shannon's mom), Anne & I all went to Rio Pearl.  Patricia had been there before and knew the owner.  It was a great store and I bought a long strand of pearls.  I thought I may have it cut down later for Katie.

Daniel & I went back to the Women's Market tonight to buy a few more things for Katie.  We also  went for a neck & foot message.  Just a couple of more days & we will meet our sweet Katie!!!!   We are counting the days.......

No comments: